The latest edition of the European Review of Private Law is a special double issue in honour of Arthur Hartkamp, professor of European Private Law at Radboud University (RU).
It contains 19 essays on subjects that are of special interest to Hartkamp: European private law, national private law in Europe, and the interaction between these bodies of law.
Several renowned researchers in the field of European private law contributed to this Festschrift, including:
- Martijn W. Hesselink, 'The Justice Dimensions of the Relationship between Fundamental Rights and Private Law'
- Ewoud Hondius, 'Unfair Contract Terms and the Consumer: ECJ Case Law, Foreign Literature, and Their Impact on Dutch Law'
- Ole Lando, 'Unification of Patrimonial Laws Governing International Trade'
- Anna Maria Mancaleoni, 'The Obligation on Dutch and Italian Courts to Apply EU Law of Their Own Motion'
- Hans-W. Micklitz, 'Überlegungen zu dem schwierigen Verhältnis von EU-Privatrecht und nationalem Privatrecht'
Please refer to the journal's website for an overview of all contributions to this issue (3/4).
Read more about Professor Hartkamp's distinguished career in the article 'Arthur Hartkamp: Scholar, Colleague, Friend' by Carla Sieburgh and Reinhard Zimmermann.