‘The Observatory’ is a rich source of information on the EU decision-making process, with a particular focus on the European Parliament’s activities. It shows all documents (with full text online access) relating to a procedure, in chronological order, grouped by institution or in a full list, with references, links and summaries of the major documents. For a detailed example, click here or on the image below.
The website contains records for all procedures still ongoing – irrespective of when they began – and all procedures that have completed their passage through Parliament since the beginning of the fourth parliamentary term in July 1994.
New features added to Legislative Observatory are:
- a restructured search tool which enables you to combine more search options;
- a plenary calendar to search for information on Parliament’s past, present and future part-sessions;
- enhanced overview of the procedure files with more information on key players and the sequence of events, plus more links to various sites (PRELEX, IPEX);
- My Observatory allows you to personalize the database by saving your searches and requesting notifications when changes occur;
- the possibility to subscribe to RSS feeds which helps you to stay fully abreast of developments in the dossiers of interest, new Parliament procedures, committee reports and Commission information documents.
Also refer to the overview of EU documentation from the different institutions and the availability in the Law Library and on the Internet presented by the Law Library (EDC) in the online manual ‘European Union Documentation‘.