The Law Library now subscribes to WorldTradeLaw.net, a useful website and research tool for anyone interested in international trade law issues. WorldTradeLaw.net consists of two parts: a free library available to all users, as well as a subscription service.
The free library includes:
- Easy-to-access primary source documents related to international trade law (e.g. WTO cases and legal texts);
- Large collection of links to other related sources on the Internet;
- Notifications of trade-related news headlines.
The subscription-part of the website provides:
- Access to the Dispute Settlement Commentary Service with summaries and critical analysis of WTO Panel and Appellate Body reports;
- Statistical database with searchable/sortable tables covering statistics related to dispute settlement;
- DSC Blog with articles concerning dispute settlement issues.
Another useful resource on international trade and investment law is Investor-State LawGuide (ISLG). The Document Library provides access to Disputes and dispute documents and Treaties and arbitration rules.
The website also offers specific research tools:
- Subject Navigator: find decisions and awards relevant to specific subjects
- Article Citator: find out how legal instruments have been used in disputes
- Jurisprudence Citator: find out how jurisprudence has been referred to in investment treaty cases
- Publication Citator: find out how publications have been used in disputes.
ISLG's website was recently renewed. Apart from a redesigned interface, some new features were added, including:
- ISLG Reports: analyze and customize reports to gain insight and identify patterns and trends in data;
- Document Comparisons: display documents side-by-side and perform line-by-line comparisons of their text.
Learn more about all available features via the tutorials in the ISLG Knowledge Center.
NB. To access ISLG, click the ‘Login’ button at the top right corner of the home page, and then select ‘Auto Login’.
A compilation of books, commentaries, journals, and other resources in the field of international trade and investment is available in the research guide on the Law library’s website.