The Law Library subscribes to many journals, both in print and online. Find out how to get access to these journals below.
List of law journals
The Law Library has compiled a list of available law journals. The list is a selection of authoritative journals, sorted by field of law. It is based on the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes at the Amsterdam Law School. The list contains both Dutch and international journals.
Another way to find out if a journal is available at the Law Library (or another UvA Library) is by searching the CataloguePlus. Select Journals at the top and enter the journal title in the search box. Tip: use quotation marks to search for the exact title, e.g. “entertainment law review”.
In the search results, you will see Available online for online journals and Check holdings if the Library subscribes to the print edition.
- Online: click Available Online to go directly to the online journal. Or click on the title, if you want to check which years are available (the library might not have access to all volumes).
- Paper: click Check holdings to find out what years are available and at which library.
Please note that although most journals that the library subscribes to are available through CataloguePlus, some journals are only available through separate databases or the list of journals on our website. Recently, all (law) journals in Nexis Uni were added to CataloguePlus.
Is a journal not available at one of the UvA libraries? Use WorldCat Discovery to find out if it is available at another library in the Netherlands:
- Enter the journal title in the search box;
- Click on the title in the search results. If needed, use the filters on the left to refine your search;
- Click Request this item via interlibrary loan to request a copy of an article.
For more information on interlibrary loan (ILL), please refer to the manual on the library website.
More tips for finding journals and articles
The Legal literature guide on our website provides more information on finding journals. The guide contains additional resources for journals and instructions on how to find specific articles and journals or articles on specific topics.
If you are looking for Dutch journals or articles, please refer to the Dutch version of this guide: Juridische literatuur - Artikelen en tijdschriften.